Saturday 3 May 2008

May

So the first few days of May have been and gone and brought some genuine productivity, this is rare for me so I'm hoping to ride the wave for as long as I can, who knows maybe even just become the sort of person who gets things done! I think the reason is because I'm excited about things. This collab EP for one. I started recording one of the tracks today, and I asked Ben if he'd be up for it and he said yes, and Ed read about it and said yes before I even asked him! I love it when people are enthusiastic about things. Especially my things.

You know what else is mad? I got a comment on my first ever video saying it's funny that I mention people I watched (can't remember what I said, I haven't watched it in a while!) and that now I know them! It's true; If you'd told me four months ago that I'd get an e-mail tonight from Ben Loka saying he's up for doing a collab, I'd have called you a dirty rotten liar! So yes, that comment made me happy.

Oh speaking of things I'm excited about, Jeff from studentdotcom emailed today about an idea he's had, which I won't go into, but I love it. It's going to be a big job and will hopefully involve a lot of people from all over the world. It is going to take a long time, but I don't care, I'm really glad he asked me, it's just the sort of thing I want to try.

Alright, enough of the two days that have gone and onto my goals for the remaining 29 (got a maths degree innit).

I should keep the weekly posting of videos and blogs, that's a good one. Record a song good enough for the EP, which includes writing I think because I don't think I have any I want on there left, oh apart from 'Alone Again', I'll do that too. Also writing, as I failed last time on that I want to really focus on that. So let's lay them out...

1. Video and Blog every week.
2. Write four songs.
3. Record 'Alone Again' and one of the new songs for the EP.

That will mean it'll be almost finished, so I should say

4. Look into distribution, art work, and all those other little things that need to be considered when you want to sell music.

5. Complete at least three songs for the collab EP. These rely on other people being able to to them too so I can't be sure, but I will do my best.


Jay's new video has 100 views, at least half of those must be me. I've literally been sat here pressing play over and over as I write this.

Two other things I forgot to mention anywhere else:
1. I just edited a new video, should be up tomorrow, involves Kings of Leon.
2. Jimmy made a new video the other day. This made me very happy.


End of blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I just watched your King of Leon video. Great stuff. I hope the rest of the videos for May are as awesome!

Anonymous said...

i'd be happy to help with any art work you need for the ep! i cant guarantee you'll like it, but i'll be happy to help in any way i can!
your song this week was amazing by the way.

love your artist friend,
mik

Anonymous said...

To me it seems like you get things done, but if you are able to accomplish even more (and if it means more music for us), then keep it up! Your plans for everything sound great. I am so happy to read that you are 'excited about things'. I think that's important.

"I love it when people are enthusiastic about things. Especially my things."
Love it :)

And I think Jimmy making a new video the other day made many people very happy!

-Mandy

Anonymous said...

i know it's not anywhere near the first of May anymore, and it's closer to the first of June, but listen to the song "First of May" by Jonathan Coulton. you'll be glad you did.

p.s. i would send you a link, but i'm too lazy.

Anonymous said...

it's so crazy that it says i posted that comment at 5:31 am. i'm sorry, but even for you, i wouldn't be on the computer (let alone posting comments on your blog) that early. it's 12:34 am here (Wisconsin). you crazy UK people with your fucked up time.

oh, and beware. the song "First of May" involves some crude language. =)

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know that our time is perfect, you're just late.