So this little game has been going around in facebook notes. But I thought I'd bring it over here to my blog so everyone can play!
Basically you put your whole itunes on shuffle and go through the first 40 tracks, writing out the first line of lyrics, then people guess them in the comments. I'll try to keep it edited so you know which ones people have got already by putting the answer in bold after the line, but I will probably fail.
I skipped over a few but only if they either 1) had no lyrics or 2) had the title in the first line or 3) would have been ridiculously difficult e.g. my mates old band (that actually did come up!)
I don't know if there are rules in general but let's just say you can't use the internet to help! Obviously Googling the line will give you the answer in 99% of cases, so there's no point. YOU'RE CHEATING YOURSELF! etc, etc...
So answers in the comments and though I think the idea is to tag people, I cba... Do it if you like.
Ok let's go!
1. Everybody wants you to be special, and everybody wants you to be high. Rescue Blues-Ryam Adams
2. Can I get close to ya, if only for a while. I don't mean to busy you. You're the jive guru and
I want to sing along with you. Cause a Rockslide - Badly Drawn Boy
3. So I look in your direction, but you pay me no attention do you?
Shiver by Coldplay
4. Jehosaphat the mongrel cat jumped off the roof today. John Prine - Livin' in the Future.
5. I used to say 'just follow your heart', but my heart always lead me in circles. Don't Say No- Patrick Wolf
6. All the boys are begging for her, reaching long to grab her clothes. Minus The Bear- Lost My Money At The Cock Fight
7. Fill these spaces up with days, in my room you can go you can stay. Sleep-Azure Ray
8. Look him in the eyes, there's no need to be scared. He's as powerless as you and me. Willy Mason- Hard Hand to Hold
9. There's children on the street using guns and knives, taking drugs and each other's lives. FotC- Issues (Think about it)
10. I am waiting till I don't know when, 'cause I'm sure it's gonna happen then.
Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles) by Arcade Fire
11. Bleed in your own light, dream of your own life
smashing pumpkins- rocket
12. The city freeze for, I just realised I don't like you.
The Kooks - Sofa song
13. I want to live, I want to give. I've been a miner for a...
Heart of Gold by Neil Young
14. Well I'm gonna write a little letter, I'm gonna mail it to my local DJ
Roll Over Beethoven by Chuck Berry
15. Send my love to the city for I'll be having an affair this summer. Larrikin Love - Meet me by the getaway car.
16. When I was a child, running in the night, I was afraid of what might be. Hounds of Love- Futureheads
17. It's to reveal that fucked up cop. Elliott Smith - Riot Coming
18. Where's that smile at, where'd you take it to? I never thought that anything could hurt you. Hurtin' You - Ben Kweller
19. It seems we stood and talked like this before. We looked at each other in the same way then. Frank Sinatra Where or When (was actually the Harry Connick Jr. version but yeh!)
20. Rebel, rebel and yell. Cause our people still dwell in hell. Rage Against The Machine - Township Rebellion
21. Catch a feel or cop a ride, I won't be late, I won't decline. Martha Wainwright - GPT
22. Now here's a tale. Tale I will tell. Blood lust after no sweet love and a many, many things I do so well. stix and stones - babyshambles
23. You don't answer my call with even a nod or a wink, but you gaze at your own reflection alright. Smash the Mirror- The Who
24. You thought the fire could protect you from it, but why have you been so, why have you ill informed? Idlewild - Actually It's Darkness
25. Found your name across the chapel door, carved in cursive with a table fork. Muddy Hymnal- Iron and Wine
26. I change key from C to D, you see to me it's just a...
Minor Thing - Red Hot Chili Peppers
27. He hides in his suit like, like a snake in the grass. His sales pitch fork tongue hissed. Survival of the Fittest - Desaparecidos
28. Lies and love. Lies, love bed wetting son, of the great heat it's all over me, it's all under me,
the face ain't making what the mouth needs. Way Out - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
29. Sup up your beer and collect your fags, there's a row going on down near slough. The Jam- The Eton Rifles
30. Since I'm putting down all of the true things around, but I like it. Foo Fighters - Good Grief
31. Hair blowing in the hot wind, time hanging from a clothes pin, there's no sorrow that the sun's not gonna heal. Sausalito - Conor Oberst
32. I remember when the days were long and the nights when the living room was on the lawn. Death Cab For Cutie - Photobooth
33. I got a letter this morning, what do you reckon it read? The White Stripes- Death Letter
34. You needed it when I was away, and no matter what I say, you'll never forget when I wasn't there. So, why should I care? Overdue by Muse
35. We kicked our shoes off. Can you feel the ground beneath you shift? Liam Frost - If Tonight We Could Only Sleep
36. If life is a carnival, can I stay here a while? Nemesis rose, and I feel I'm about to go down. Music Was Saved by Starsailor
37. I am a dull and simple lad, can not tell water from champagne. The Kinks - David Watts.
38. They lead a lifetime that is comfortable. They travel far to keep their stomachs full. Nirvana - Swap Meet
39. Hey now girl what's the matter with me? We're on a back road something to see. Beck- Rental car
40. It's not enough to hear me say you've won, you only wanted me for having fun.
Goodnight, Goodnight by Hot Hot Heat