Wednesday 24 June 2009

T-shirt designs!

Today was too nice to be inside, so I went out in the garden and designed some t-shirts that I could sell at gigs and stuff. I've been meaning to get some done for ages and just haven't got round to it. Also I'm no good at getting designs onto a computer so I'm gonna need someone's help!

First I'll show you some sketches. I tried to keep them all to two colours to keep the cost down, and because I think it's good to keep them simple.

1.2.
I thought I might be able to carry on the lines from the guitar and the S's on to the back on this one.

3.
It's not that clear because of my poor drawing ability! It's supposed to be two arrows that would hopefully continue over onto the back, or if that would be too expensive I'd make the design a bit small to fit it all on the front. This one might require a third colour as well, in between the two arrows (above the second s and on the other side on the arm)


4 (star), 5 (stripes) & 6 (other!):


Let me know what you think, which one's you like/dislike, your favourites, whether you'd buy them and most importantly, anyone who can turn these pencil scribbles into something on a computer screen that I could send to a t-shirt printers, let me know!

xx

24 comments:

Luna said...

i quite like the one with the guitar. it would be really cool to have that stretch onto the back.
i also rather like the striped one :]

and if you use customink.com you can see what the designs would look like on an actual shirt. you can upload graphics to put on there, too, which you could make in photoshop.

ilessthanthreeyouu said...

I quite like the guitar design.

ilessthanthreeyouu said...

...and completely didn't see the above comment before typing that.. creepy

Anonymous said...

i like the one that looks like a sports team shirt

Darren said...

Number 2 & 3 are my favs =D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise Morgan said...

I like 2 and 3 the best. :]

Anonymous said...

I like #2, but I wouldn't carry the lines onto the back. And #3 (whcih may or may not look nice with a long sleeve undershirt with each sleeve oposite color to its respective short sleeve).

Any way I can get the shirts in green?

Anonymous said...

#2 and #4. Good idea about carrying the guitar fret board over the back.

janitorbud said...

2 and 3. very niiice

Anonymous said...

more thoughts on #2:

Extending it over the back might be interesting with the headstock and tuning keys about 1/3 or so down the back.

Dave said...

Yeah I was trying to decide whether to have an end or have the line go all the way down the back.
First I'll need to see how easy it is - Paul tells me it's quite hard to print over seams, so it might just have to end at the top.

Unknown said...

I think #2 is a winner! and #3 is a runner-up.

Unknown said...

I like the blue one the best.

Fat. Bitch. said...

I really like the third one, and the guitar one too. =)

Ken said...

http://file.walagata.com/w/coolbeans26/guitarblueskies.jpg

Something like that?

Contact: said...

the guitar one is the best

Barry Aldridge said...

I would say number 2.

The Guitar one.

Anonymous said...

i just noticed the number for the one i like. it is number 5. i like number 2, but my arms can't fit in those sleeves =P

Anonymous said...

"Dave aged 6" =]

I'd well hang those on my fridge, I like number 2, and the one Martin K. Smith designed is reaally good.

Anonymous said...

The guitar one is rather nice! That is a definite yes.

Ken said...

http://file.walagata.com/w/coolbeans26/blueskiesclouds.jpg

Yeah, so Im bored.

C. said...

i like the one with the little star on it and the one with the guitar.

Dave said...

Haha, thanks Martin!

And thanks everyone, the guitar one is definitely winning, so I'm gonna get some of those done. Might get more than one design though, will have to see what it will cost.

=)